Farm and Woodland Adviser Graduate Placement
The Cotswolds Conservation Board has a full-time graduate opportunity available, initially for one year. The post will commence in October 2012.
The Conservation Board is looking for an enthusiastic, well organised and capable graduate. The successful applicant will undertake a range of work including:
- The preparation and submission to the Forestry Commission English Woodland Grant Schemes, Woodland Improvements Grant Schemes, Woodland Management Plans - focusing primarily on the Cotswolds Ancient Woodland Priority Area in the Cotswolds.
- The promotion of the Cotswolds Ancient Woodland Project and seek the restoration of plantations to native broadleaf cover.
- The preparation and submission to Natural England of Environmental Stewardship schemes in the Cotswolds AONB
The postholder will gain experience of working in a professional land management and conservation organisation and will experience a range of varied and interesting work, contributing to the management of an internationally recognised landscape
The Cotswolds Conservation Board looks after the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The Board works to:
- conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the AONB
- increase the understanding and enjoyment of the special qualities of the AONB.
In fulfilling these roles, the Board seeks to foster the economic and social well-being of local communities within the AONB. For more details about the work of the Conservation Board click here.
For an informal discussion please contact Malcolm Watt on 01451 862004
For an application form and job description please click on the links below. We cannot accept CVs
Closing date for applications: 10th October 2012
Interview Date: 16th October 2012
Projected start date: 5th November 2012